WELCOME TO IRVINGTON WOODS APARTMENTS
Irvington Woods is a permanent supportive housing program for eligible families and single adults. The Resident Services (RS) Program is a voluntary program and functions as a case management/counseling component and community resource liaison to establish opportunities for residents to improve their present situations and work towards self-sufficiency.
When a resident moves into the complex, staff provides orientation to the RS program and encourages the resident to participate. During the initial orientation, an assessment is given to the resident which identifies the needs of the individuals/family. From the assessment, staff members are able to provide services and referrals to the resident through partnering with local agencies and organizations within the community. The primary goal of services is eviction prevention—to help residents keep their homes in partnership with property management. Our other primary goal is to implement creative programs and services to enhance the quality of life for the resident and their family. To further participation, regular resident meetings are held.
- Central air & heat
- Washers and dryers in every unit
- Service Coordinator who provides recreation and services to the residents
- Playground area
- 1 BR
- 2 BR
- 71 Units
Low income families, seniors, persons with disabilities, and veterans
Eligibility criteria include:
- Resident must be on the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) waiting list.
- Must pass a credit and background check by HABC and Property Management.
- Complete income and tax credit certification annually with Property Management.
Services offered include, but not limited to:
- Case management
- Financial literacy/computer classes
- Resume writing
- Job search
- Life skills training
- Youth mentoring after school program
- Tenant-Landlord mediation
- Eviction prevention
- Individual advocacy
- Benefits assistance
- Holiday activities
- Referral services as needed/requested by residents
Hours of Operation
Mon. – Fri. – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM office hours
Mon. – Fri. 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM resident advocate